Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Task 2 - What was that you said?


Youths in Reflection & Lights at Night from www.commanagecallan.com


The sound that I found unique to Longford came about by chance. While walking along the Mall walk in the town, we came across some outdoor exercise equipment lining the route by the river. I tested out the walker machine and came across a squeaky sound with a particular rhythm, which was ideal for a recording. Walking from the river to the equipment, the extract features the apparatus becoming increasingly louder the nearer you are.


In Castlebar, I remembered a piece of music that I always associate with my days marching through the streets of the town. I played in an orchestra/marching band that took part in St. Patrick’s Day parades, half time football match entertainment and opening/graduation ceremonies throughout the town for many years. I got a recording of the band playing this piece called March Militaire, which includes me playing the flute.


No comments:

Post a Comment